Parish Clerk and RFO
Published: 14 October 2020
Vacancy for Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer
The parish council Fontmell Magna in North Dorset is seeking a Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer to support the council.
Responsibilities include the preparation of agendas, taking the minutes at parish council meetings, dealing with correspondence and keeping the Council's websites up to date and compliant with regulations. The Clerk is also the Responsible Financial Officer whose duties include paying invoices, budgeting and accounting.
The role will occupy 32 hours per month, with attendance at evening meetings four times per year. Salary will be in accordance with the NJC scale LC1 commensurate with experience and qualifications, in the region of £4,200 per annum.
Candidates will need:
- Knowledge of legal and statutory requirements relating to Parish Councils;
- Accurate administrative and financial skills, attention to detail;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Computer literate with confident knowledge of MS Office applications, Internet, email and social media;
- Ability to meet deadlines and work alone, use of initiative;
- Certificate in Local Council Administration (CiLCA) or equivalent, or a willingness to work towards it;
- An interest in community life and a friendly and positive outlook.
The Clerk will be the sole employee of the council.
A Job Description and Application Form for the role is available from email@example.com
To apply please send your completed Application Form to the Clerk, Fontmell Magna PC, 1 North Mead Farm, Front St., Portesham, Dorset DT3 4FY or via firstname.lastname@example.org
For an informal discussion or further details, please contact Cllr Michael Humphreys, Chair, Fontmell Magna on 07850 875429, email: email@example.com Closing Date for Applications: 31st October 2020. Interviews will be held in November; handover for the posts will take place in February 2021.